The MAGMAstress module is a simulation software program for calculation of thermo-elastic / thermo-plastic stresses and residual stresses and strains in real three dimensional components. The program determines the stress distribution and related strains and displacements during the solidification and further cooling of castings. Additionally, stresses and strains within permanent molds can be evaluated for the entire process.
- determination of residual stress distribution of castings at room temperature
- deformation and shrinkage of components
- stress level formation and change as function of cooling conditions
- the consideration of casting shake out for permanent molds and sand molds including removal of cores
- stress related optimization of components geometry
- stress related optimization of permanent molds and process conditions for improved mold and die life
- determination of heat treatment conditions on stress and distortion leve